The first ACE mandatory use date is upon us. Effective this coming Thursday, March 31, 2016 filers will be required to transmit the following types of entries exclusively via ACE ONLY:
- Type 01 – Consumption-Formal,
- Type 03 – Consumption – Antidumping/Countervailing Duty
- Type 11 – Informal
- Type 23 – Temporary Importation Bond
- Type 51 – Defense Contract Administration Service Region [DCASR])
- Type 52 – Government – Dutiable
- CBP 3461 – Electronic Release (I.D.) and the corresponding CBP 7501 Entry Summary covering merchandise that is not subject to Partner Government Agency (PGA) requirements with two PGA exceptions: if the entry covers merchandise that is subject to the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) and/or the Lacey Act and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) both the 3461 and the 7501 must be transmitted via ACE only, unless paired with another PGA.
- CBP 7501 only – Electronic entry summary for merchandise that is subject to PGA (other than APHIS and NHTSA – see above).
- Disclaimers are considered PGA data.
U.S. Customs has informed the trade that it will be monitoring these electronic transmissions. Filers who fail to comply will be issued notices to cease and desist. Additional violations will be subject to enforcement actions.